With Thanksgiving just a few weeks away, it’s time to start thinking about your turkey day menu.
This Thanksgiving Idaho® potatoes have teamed up with Chobani, whose largest production facility is in Idaho and is known for its family of products supporting health and wellness, to create what might be the best mashed potatoes you’ve ever tasted.
Impress your guests with these Mashed Idaho® Potatoes with Chobani® Greek Yogurt made with Idaho russet potatoes, Chobani Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt, butter, milk, salt, pepper, and chives. Rich and creamy Chobani Greek Yogurt adds texture and flavor (not to mention additional nutrients and important live and active cultures) to traditional mashed potatoes.
Don’t be surprised if you get a lot of requests for seconds, because these special spuds might very well steal the show at your Thanksgiving gathering!
Mashed Idaho® Potatoes with Chobani® Greek Yogurt
• 3/4 cup Chobani® Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt
• 3 pounds Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup whole milk
• 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
1. Cook potatoes in a pot of salted, boiling water until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
2. Drain and return the potatoes to the pot and mash with a potato masher.
3. In a small saucepan, bring butter and milk to a simmer and cook on low until butter is melted.
4. Add mixture to potatoes and stir to combine. If necessary, mash potatoes further for smooth consisten-cy. Optional: For a smoother consistency, place boiled potatoes in a stand mixer or use a hand mixer to whip until smooth.
5. Add yogurt, salt, and pepper, and stir until fully incorporated.
6. Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl, and garnish with chives.