The following recipe was adapted from Taste of Home.
46 crushed wafers
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
16-18 whole vanilla wafers for side of form
3 8oz. packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs, lightly whisked
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. CRUST: Mix crushed wafers and sugar then stir in melted butter. Press wafer mix onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
3. Arrange whole vanilla wafers around sides of pan.
4. FILLING: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Next beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add lightly whisked eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
5. Bake until center is nearly set, 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
6. TOPPING: In a microwave, melt caramels with milk; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans.
NOTE: To freeze cheesecake: Wrap individual portions of cheesecake in plastic wrap and place in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal bag and freeze. To use, thaw in the refrigerator.