With fall and cooler weather just around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about meals that make you feel warm and cozy. These savory and scrumptious Oven Roasted Idaho® Potatoes with Herbed Pecans fit the bill perfectly!
A reflection of the colors happening outside your window, these potato varietals make this dish a vibrant and festive addition to your dinner spread. A combination of butter, pecans, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, rosemary, Idaho® russet, red, and purple potatoes, create a savory and sweet flavor that pairs deliciously with poultry or beef.
Top the potatoes with a honey mustard pecan dressing made with whole grain mustard, honey, pecans, and sea salt for an out-of-this-world flavor experience.
Oven Roasted Idaho® Potatoes with Herbed Pecans
Idaho® Potatoes roasted until crispy then tossed with toasted, herbed pecans and a honey mustard pecan dressing. These potatoes are packed with flavor and just a little spice.
• 2 pounds Idaho® russet potatoes, diced
• 1 pound baby purple potatoes, halved
• 1/2 pound baby red potatoes, quartered (or halved if small)
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 2 teaspoons sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
• 2 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
• 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
For the dressing
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1 heaping tablespoon whole grain mustard
• 1/4 cup pecans
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with canola oil, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
2. Lay potatoes out in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes, until crispy and browned.
3. Lay pecans on a separate baking sheet and toast in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them, as they go from toasted to burnt quickly.
4. Toss warm, toasted pecans with butter, brown sugar, cayenne and rosemary. Set aside.
5. Make dressing: In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Set aside.
6. Combine roasted potatoes, herbed pecans and dressing, toss the combine and coat evenly with dressing. Serve warm.
On the Web
For more recipes like this, visit idahopotato.com.