Quick take: A video clip of a July 2018 rally in support of President Donald Trump has gone viral with the false claim that it is from his June 2019 trip to London. The posts wrongly accuse the media of ignoring the year-old rally to make the president look bad.
Even if you know nothing about the Tiananmen Square Massacre, you’ve almost surely seen the famous photo of a man facing down a line of tanks, defiantly blocking their path.
When it comes to finding skilled workers to fill the estimated 7.5 million job openings in the U.S., small businesses are feeling the crunch. In today’s unprecedented booming economy, our region’s small employers are searching for qualified workers to fill the increasing amount of positions …
At a time when it seems like everyone seems to be in a grand hurry to be offended, to play the victim, to act as if what’s happening to them right this moment is the worst thing that’s ever happened to anyone in the history of recorded time, (And probably way before that,) I actually look fo…
By the time today’s edition is in hand, you might be doing a double-take and wondering if you picked up the right paper — don’t worry, it’s still The Argus Observer, we just freshened it up a bit for ease of our readers.
Every now and then, sandwiched between breathless accounts of the latest political fights on Capitol Hill, a report on the rising tide of deficit spending appears. Then everyone goes back to squabbling about the most recent scandal, and the deficit again slips off the radar screen.
There are tragedies and then there are tragedies. Which is to say is there are true tragedies, where people are victims of circumstance, i.e., plane crashes, car crashes, victims of crimes, and so on. And then there are cases where the “victim” essentially volunteers for tragedy; i.e., skydi…
- In Other Words: Makerspaces an essential solution to workforce gap
- Offended? Try a fresh perspective
- From the Editor's Desk: Your community newspaper just got a fresh look
- Charting a path toward fiscal balance
- In Other Words: B2H: The right project at the right time
- Waiting in the death zone
- Letter to the Editor: The real concern over carbon reduction
- Taking aim at the Arms Trade Treaty
- Keeping our priorities in order
- Defense spending: On the rise, but not enough
- Time to change how it’s always been done
- In Other Words: Meme inflates number of school shooting deaths
- Economy proves naysayers wrong — again
- The simplicity of free speech
- Maximizing pressure on a terrorism importer
- Why accept things at face value?
- Administrative law, aka deep state, aka swamp
- I’m counting blessings from my small town
- Eradicate poverty? We already know how
- School bond a worthy investment