SALEM — This weekend individuals won’t need a license, tag or endorsement to fish, crab or clam anywhere in Oregon that’s open – to fishing, crabbing and clamming. Looking for some ideas? We happen to have some.
· Trout fishing has been good (and for big fish, too) in Priday, Krumbo and Malheur reservoirs.
· It’s prime winter steelhead fishing on the north and mid-coast, and rivers should be in great shape for at least the early part of the weekend.
· The Sandy and Clackamas rivers also will be prime for good winter steelheading.
· Some anglers have been catching their limits of hatchery steelhead on the South Umpqua.
· Several waterbodies along the mid-coast, and in the Willamette and SW zones will be stocked with trout this week.
· And for something a little different, check out the wiper fishing in Ana Reservoir.