On Thursday at approximately 4:30 p.m. a house fire was reported on River St. in Payette.
When the Payette Fire Department arrived no body was in the house. However, six dogs were still inside.
Fortunately for the family pets, the fire department received resuscitation masks for animals three days before this fire occurred.
Of the six dogs, three were unconscious at the time of the firefighters arriving and the other three were in major distress.
“We brought every dog back around,” said Steve Castenada, Fire Chief.
The start of the fire is undetermined, Castenada said.
The masks were given by Alan and Barbara Williams on behalf of Linda Inez, from the Dog House in Boise.
These masks were given to many area fire departments to do exactly what they were used for at the fire on Thursday, to save pets who would otherwise have been lost.