The next deadline for Idaho Humanities Council grants proposals, including Research Fellowship applications, has been announced.
The initial application is due Dec. 15, 2019, with final submissions due on Jan. 15, 2020.
Examples of recent grant awards include:
• $1,000 awarded to Beautiful Downtown Lewiston, towards a mural interpreting the history of women’s suffrage
• $1,000 awarded to the City of Rexburg for the 2020 Teton Story Telling and Arts Festival
• $5,000 awarded to the Museum of Idaho, Idaho Falls for a permanent exhibit “Way Out West
• $3,500 awarded to Project Director Alyson Roy of the University of Idaho, Moscow for a book project on the development of a visual language of empire in the Roman Republican Period
• $967 awarded to Hailey Public Library, Hailey for “A Story Worth Telling”
• $658 awarded to Pend Orielle Arts Council, Sandpoint to present a program of the suffragist movement to students during five school performances
The council strongly recommends that prospective applicants contact Council staff to discuss their project ideas prior to putting proposals together.