Payette Boys & Girls Club finds home

The former Catholic church parish hall at 1230 First Avenue South is being purchased to serve as the clubhouse for Payette’s Boys & Girls Club.

The third year was the charm for a long-running effort to land a site for a Boys & Girls Club in Payette. In June, local umbrella organization Boys & Girls Club of Western Treasure Valley officially kicked off a fundraising campaign aiming for $100,000 to be matched by the Laura Moore Cunningham Foundation.

In July, the steering committee for the Payette clubhouse announced the organization would be purchasing the former Catholic church parish hall in Payette at 1230 First Ave. S. The fundraising to reach the figure for the Cunningham Foundation match would meanwhile continue.

In December, the organization announced the fundraising campaign had reached the 60 percent level, and committee members were projecting a spring opening for the Payette clubhouse.

One day soon, look for a formal change to the organization’s name: an “s” will be added to “Club” to produce the plural, “Clubs.”

Load comments