Used hypodermic needles, likely those used for drugs, are being left behind in public places, such as parks and rest areas, at an increasing rate in the Western Treasure Valley, authorities say — and in fact, one was recently found by an employee in the bathroom of a local eatery.
The City of Fruitland continues to prepare for a probable fall bond election, which would be the latest attempt to create more work space for the city police department and to renovate Fruitland City Hall.
A Fruitland Grizzlies band member is having a summer he’s certain to always remember, an adventure that was sparked by attending a one-day educational clinic in Nampa late last month.
Firefighters from a Payette Fire Department brush truck knock down a small grass fire on the 1200 block of North Sixth Street in Payette on Monday afternoon. The department was dispatched around 2:50 p.m., and within 15-20 minutes the blaze was nearly fully extinguished. Just to be sure, tho…
After discussing the matter for a third time with the Payette City Council, the Payette School District appears to have the city’s final answer on the total amount the city will be charging for a building permit to repair McCain Middle School’s roof.
A new farm warehouse, operated by a couple from Nyssa, opened its doors in Payette on Saturday, and the aim is to be set up like a local Costco store — for fresh produce.
Payette County recently hired Adam Gonzalez to fill the new role of assistant emergency manager. The part-time position reports to the county’s emergency manager, Lt. Andy Creech of the Payette County Sheriff’s Office.
- City donates 15 percent of school roof permit fee
- Farm warehouse opens in Payette
- West Nile Virus makes early arrival
- Haro hired as leader of Fruitland High
- County tabs Gonzalez to assist in emergency field
- ‘Bubblemania,’ Early Childhood STEM, workshop a delight
- Free Saturday films kicks off with cartoon about dragons
- Live After 5 kicks off
- FMTC’s ad buy helps bus service
- Motorcyclist hospitalized in serious condition after crash
- Waste firm asks Council for rate hike
- Payette County Challenge slated for June 22
- New building in old downtown
- Medicare webinar slated for June 19
- Farm stands, farmer’s markets strengthen community development
- Onion Skin Players join entertainment at Idaho’s first Wild West Brewfest on Saturday
- Rice joins Payette PD
- On gravel permit appeal, BOC punts
- Cost of school roof permit drops
- Middle school to join suicide prevention program
- Hoe Down to raise funds for cooler motor
- McCain Middle School names students to honor roll
- Banking branch celebrates
- Renowned Drum and Bugle Corps stops by Fruitland School District for its spring training
- State seeks comments on medical waiver